Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reworked . . .

The third of Three series was too symmetrical for me. So I reworked a little.




Time spent away from it made it less "precious" . . if anyone knows what I mean . . more learning here . . making art feeling "lighter" . . less of a, dare I say, struggle? Doing anything with less struggle is . . well . . lighter . . more ease . . more enjoyable. Another lesson starting to be learned. I say . . starting . . because, for me, change is slow and patience is key.

11 comments:

  1. I love the circles in your works-- and the encaustic wax too-- thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele . . thanks so much . . really appreciate your kind words!

    Donna: thank you, Donna. When I look at your blog (colors, how it's set up, your work) I get a definite sense of your process & what you communicate in your work.

    Ahh . . circles . . don't know why . . they just want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. liking the evolution of this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Jann, yes vous avez raison,ne pas lutter avec la peinture comme deux corps étrangers mais se fondre en elle, l'épouser. En français on dit que:le papier boit avec amour". à bientôt,thibault

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Thige . . les francais ont une si belle langue et la culture entonnante.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonsoir Jann,and American culture is beautiful, being is simply beautiful when it sublimates; à bientôt: thibault

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently found your blog. I LOVE your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting abstract language

    ReplyDelete